Presence of mice in garages can lead to various health problems. Hundreds of homeowners call pest control services every year to get rid of mice from their house and garage. Mice make nests in walls, chew-on electrical wires and contain highly infectious bacteria. Therefore, removing them from your property becomes inevitable.
Today, fortunately, getting rid of mice has become pretty easy. One can use traps having taut springs to either snap-off their heads or one can lay poison for them. Another humane approach, however, is to trap and then release these mice in the wild.
Following are Some Tips With Which You Can Easily Deal With Household Mice:
1. Placing live mousetraps with an edible item at strategic locations is probably the most tried and tested mice control method. One can set their trap near a wall with the bait's end near an access point. Also, remember to check these traps daily so that you can release the caught mice away from your house.
2. One can also make use of a good quality mouse repellent that's available nowadays. Spray it around your garage's perimeter so as to prevent new mice from coming inside. These effective mouse repellents won't just drive them away from the garage but will kill them too.
3. Pet owners and parents of small kids are always doubtful of such mouse repellents. In that case, you can make your own homely mixture which mice happen to hate. One tablespoon of hot pepper sauce, ¼ cup laundry detergent and at least gallon water if sprayed around the garage will always keep mice away.
4. Prevention against new infestations is extremely important. Therefore, if you see any holes in your garage's walls or its door, fix them immediately using wood, caulk or a patching compound. Seal all sorts of holes since mice can come from small openings too.
5. Nowadays, one can also avail ultrasonic repellents for preventing mice infestation. They are an eco-friendly and extremely effective solution against the entry of mice in garages. Such repellents produce a sound that's inaudible to humans, but is painful for mice. It prevents new infestations and also drives away existing mice.
Mouse control seems like a daunting task on the personal front; however, one can get rid of them permanently if he/she follows the above mentioned tips religiously. Moreover, one must always stay extra cautious with rat poisons and repellents in case you have small kids and pets.